Inspiration: IKEA Tiny House (2020)

(Credit to: Bored Panda)

I've been dreaming of a tiny house for a while now, and while going through some ideas for our future tiny house, I stumbled upon IKEA's collaboration on a sustainable tiny home on wheels. It really got my creative juices flowing. While the house on wheels isn't quite what I'm looking for, the interior design provided major inspiration.


Currently, the layout for our house is a simple rectangle. The kitchen will be situated on the right side, while the left side will house the washroom and storage area, measuring a compact 3 meters by 1.5 meters. The remaining central space will be our dedicated "living area." However, I'm still exploring different possibilities.

One particular design element that caught my eye is the extensive use of windows in the tiny house. While I love the idea of natural light and connection with the outdoors, I'm also concerned that it might leave me feeling overly exposed - lacking a sense of security and having an overly bright space. This has me questioning whether I should stick to a more traditional, but smaller, house design?

Comments